Bests & Worsts
Wednesday wasn't the best of days but I guess it wasn't the worst of days either. Here's what went down...
- I used my Cricut machine tonight to attempt to make something cute for Valentine's Day for my team at work
- Tony and I had good conversation tonight about a whole variety of topics at dinner and while we were driving out and about tonight
- I think I got my UPS delivery problem resolved (see below)
- I found out that on Thursday at work, Costco is coming to sign people up for memberships if they want one and also bringing everyone pizza. Awesome.
- Nobody called and yelled at me at work today. I use the term 'yelled' loosely. I pretty much spoke to nice or semi nice people all day. Win.
- I thought about the new Cricut Explore machine all day at work today and it helped me get through the day even though the last hour I was super antsy to leave.
- Tony & his cousin are working on a Christmas tree for the Festival of Trees and my friend Zina sent me a bunch of money from around the world that we could use to decorate the tree. So awesome! Tony had fun sorting it and making a spreadsheet all about it tonight. I enjoyed looking at the bills, Zina is such a world traveler!
- The IT guy at work, Brock, decided to 'pursue other opportunities'. Sad day. I was kind of shocked too that he all of a sudden left. I am sure he had thought about it for awhile ago and I hope he has a good plan B. He was a nice IT guy. Hopefully the new guy is nice too and sets up my iPad on the wifi, hehe.
- I ordered a new case on Amazon for my iPad and it was supposed to arrive today. I got home from work and found a tag from UPS saying that my package required my signature. I had barely missed them by about 10 minutes or so. I called UPS and they said I could pick it up between 7-730 at their facility in West Valley. I get there at 720 and am told that the driver never took it off his truck. So upsetting! I ordered the case over the weekend and have been
patientlywaiting for it to arrive.
- We went to Pei Wei for dinner tonight because a) we didnt have any other ideas for dinner [bad Stacie, no meal ideas scheduled this week] b) I had a B1G1 for food at Pei Wei that expires on the 14th. We only ever eat there if I get a coupon. We went to the one on Fort Union instead of the one we normally go to on State Street in Sandy. They got my order wrong once. Brown rice instead of noodles?! Redid my order and forgot to put teriyaki on the steak. Thin carrot strips instead of sliced ones. First world problems I know but at least now I have lunches for the next few days.
- I feel like I am often replacing the lights on my car. Tonight a headlight went out, $15 at O'Reilly! Luckily Tony paid for it since he was buying a bulb for his truck and also because I had paid for dinner.
- I cant seem to get done with all I need to do before 2am the last few nights. It's okay but I feel like I fall asleep feeling like I haven't accomplished much and its hard to wake up in the morning (well, it always is). I make lists but sometimes I feel like doing nothing. Such is life.
- The craft I was trying to make with my Cricut Mini is on their website but I was unable to open up the .crr file which I thought might have pictures and step by step instructions on how to make this cute mailbox. So I got on YouTube and found this video but my pieces of paper were still not going together right! I didn't resize anything but it seems that some of my pieces are too small. No idea though. If you know of a good step by step instruction page I could look at or have any tips for me, let me know!
All in all it could have been a much worse day. Super looking forward to celebrating the 14th with Tony in the evening with dinner at a new place and an event at Blickenstaff's in Orem. Hoping to get out of town for the holiday weekend, we'll see!
What were the bests/worsts of your day?